The Swedish Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Japan (SCCJ) together with the Scholarship Fund for Swedish Youth Abroad (Stipendiefonden för Svensk Utlandsungdom) are proud to announce a scholarship for a final year university student in Sweden. The scholarship will allow a young professional to work at the office of SCCJ in Tokyo for 10 months during 2020 (starting at the end of January) and has a total value of 190 000 SEK.
The successful applicant will get the opportunity to gain considerable knowledge and access to the Swedish business community in Japan as well as knowledge of the current business climate in Asia.
SCCJ is collaborating with the Swedish Olympic Committee and the Swedish Paralympic Committee as well as House of Scandinavia, the home for Scandinavia in Tokyo during the Olympic and Paralympic games in Tokyo 2020. This position gives plenty of opportunities to experience the games from the inside and to create memories for life.
The scholar will play an active role in the chamber work on a strategic and operational level by working on larger business-related projects together with current chamber staff as well as taking ownerships of marketing and communications related projects. He or she will also be providing general support in delivering events throughout the year.
An Ideal Applicant Profile:
- - A final year university student, preferably majoring in business, economics, communications, informatics or media
- - Strong interpersonal and communicative skills
- - Business-related work experience
- - Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, additional language skills in Japanese would be considered as a strong merit
- - International experience is considered a key qualification
Please send your application, including cover letter, one-page résumé and grade transcripts to:
Martin Koos at firstname.lastname@example.org please put "Application" in the subject line.
Please note that the last date for application is Sunday 1 December 2019.